Pager is an early stage company at the intersection of computer vision and consumer social. We're a small team of experienced engineers thinking creatively about how we can build a new way to capture and share digital experiences. Why? Because we envision an internet that is more actionable and cross platform than we ever imagined.
Earlier this year we raised from world class investors including Homebrew, Bessemer, Scott Belsky, and others. Since then, we've kept a low profile, quietly recruiting experts in CV and ML Infrastructure as we built our founding team. Today, we've grown to 7 people and are hiring a Sr. Full Stack Engineer to join the team ahead of our launch.
At Pager, we're always looking to add new voices to our team. New opinions develop new mental models which enable us to deliver better products to our users.
We value self management, independent organization, and transparent decision making. The people on our team are not afraid to lay things out in the open, challenge one another's ideas, and are comfortable delivering informed candid feedback to their teammates. We are all constantly learning and are focused on self-improvement. These principles are key to our success.
Our Special Sauce
- A team that trusts you to execute, empowers you to make decisions, and encourages you to contribute across disciplines.
- Building products that enable the world to communicate in a new way.
- And a powerful vision that leads the way.
At Pager, you'll lead the development of our backend and web application, alongside a team of highly experienced individuals who work together to solve problems. You’ll become the glue that ties together a real time client experience with an incredibly sophisticated machine learning environment. Specifically, you’ll take ownership over designing and implementing an architecture of highly available fault-tolerant services in Typescript, on AWS, in an effort to enable Pager to scale rapidly to millions of users.
At Pager, a Senior Engineer is able to move from problem to solution in no time. They prioritize MVPs over spaceships while understanding and communicating the tradeoffs between the two. Their great debugging skills enable them to solve problems in other domains and to jump in when needed. And they’re excited about bringing people into their world and enjoy mentoring other engineers. This commitment to peer mentorship is key to empowering our team to grow both individually and collectively.
Whether you want to be an IC or a future EM is your choice, just let us know!
- 4+ years of experience as a full stack developer, at least 3 years as a node.js developer
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure
- Knowledge of relational and document-based databases
- Relevant experience developing end-to-end web applications as a solo Engineer
- Build a scalable, stable and maintainable architecture that can help the product to grow rapidly
- Design, implement and constantly improve our secured backend-architecture
- Collaborate with Front-end Developers, Data-Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver coherent, scalable software solutions
- You have many interests outside of your work
- You take responsibility for your own solutions and continuously improve on them
- You are passionate about solving complex problems
- You are skilled at communication; and can clearly communicate technical designs and trade-offs with technical/non-technical team members
- You can translate product needs into technical tasks
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Pager is based in NYC but we're remote friendly. Ideally, you're in NYC, Berlin, or Tel Aviv!
If this sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime, send us an email and tell us why you're the best person for the job!